Shoe covers are common items of personal protective equipment (PPE) within the medical, cleanroom, chemical, industrial, laboratory, and emergency environments. Such environments often require shoe covers as part of standard PPE protocols. Currently the hospital used this item to fight COVID-19’s patients.
Look for the following features in quality shoe covers:
- Easy to don and doff (Put on and take off)
- Secure yet flexible elastic bands around the ankles to avoid slipping
- Durable yet breathable fabric that won’t tear or snag, while still providing adequate liquid and particulate protection
- Material which will meet the standards of industry work flow practices (e.g., sterile packaging and appropriate sterility assurance level)
- Non-slip and sturdy soles which improve tracking and reduce the risk of slips and falls
5 Benefits of Wearing Shoe Covers
- Reduces the spread of contamination. Disposable shoe covers can be simply thrown away after leaving a work environment. This drastically reduces the risk of cross-contamination and prevents employees from tracking potentially harmful material to other areas of the building or even into the community.
- Helps maintain a cleaner room and environment. Shoe covers prevent tracking of substances around the building or workspace, which could otherwise damage flooring, pose as a fall hazard, or impair the sterility and cleanliness of the rooms. Even the spread of ordinary dirt and grime can be prevented by contractors such as electricians and plumbers when walking in and out of a customer’s home with the help of disposable shoe covers.
- Helps keep shoes clean. Many jobs require activities which may expose employees to materials which can stain or damage footwear. Since shoe covers provide a physical barrier between these materials, individual footwear remains cleaner…and more professional looking to boot (no pun intended).
- Improves efficiency. Employees wearing shoe covers are less likely to require time away from their required job duties in order to clean or change soiled footwear.
- Improves customer satisfaction. Customers—whether in medical facilities, office buildings, or private homes—appreciate the attention to detail and level of care and professionalism shown by personnel who choose to use shoe covers. Many customers have specific personal, health, or religious reasons against the presence of shoes in the home, and shoe covers offer a reasonable alternative when it’s not safe or appropriate for personnel to remove their footwear. Additionally, customers will appreciate the improved cleanliness which shoe covers provide, and likely feel more comfortable and safe in the given environment.
|Related products|| |